Customer Service Representative
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Prepared By: Nona Glover
SUMMARY: Processes orders for merchandise received by mail, telephone, email, or personally from customer by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively sell, promote and market Aromatique products to existing accounts and new account prospects
- Creates and maintains master file for all accounts – new and existing
- Assist in the research and approval process for new accounts as directed
- Support outside sales professionals within assigned territories
- Answers phone, writes orders, enters data in computer
- Informs customer of unit prices, product information, shipping dates and anticipated delays
- Checks inventory daily to determine product in stock
- follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates
- Receives and resolves customer complaints on damaged goods, shipping problems, incorrect orders, etc.
- Confers with production, sales, shipping to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments
- Keeps customer informed of any promotions, special sales, new products and markets
- Team responsibilities for growing sales in assigned territories
- Place an average of 20 calls out each day. Quality of call is more important than quantity but both are important
- Travels to Market and works the showroom when requested (Required)
- Must be able to travel 3-4 weeks out of the year and be gone for 7 days at a time.
- Provides a weekly list of new prospective accounts to Marketing Director
- Responsible for customer satisfaction in a given territory
- Must have basic proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have good written and oral communications skills
- Must be able to conduct basic internet research
- Must be able to type/keyboard and compose grammatically correct emails with correct spelling
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor especially while traveling and meeting with customers
- Must be able to work an 8-5, Mon – Fri schedule with occasional required holidays
- Must have a friendly, helpful, outgoing and energetic personality
- Must be punctual and maintain good attendance
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
MS Office, telephone skills, good oral and written communication skills, and previous experience as a CS Rep, retail sales clerk, bank teller, receptionist, or similar is helpful.
High school diploma equivalent – Required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The tasks described in this job description are only given on an indicative basis and will not in any case limit the inherent tasks in an exhaustive manner. The tasks and responsibilities of the job holder are likely to evolve as a function of the company’s development, which the job holder accepts without reservation.
Click here to Apply or Request more information: Employment Contact Form