Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Decorative Room Fragrance?
- Aromatique is the Creator of Decorative Room Fragrance. Different from potpourri, Aromatique Decorative Fragrance is bold and definitive, each fragrance creating a distinct ambiance for each room in your home.
- Aromatique Decorative Fragrances contain large distinctive botanicals designed to serve as decorative accessories.
- Aromatique?s products contain exact concentrations of specially blended oils to obtain true and lasting fragrance.
- Aromatique Decorative Fragrances are renewable with Refresher Oils and Room Sprays. Each fragrance line offers companion refresher oils, room sprays, candles, and a variety of accessories.
- Each bag of Aromatique Decorative Fragrance is hand-packaged with the contents carefully layered and arranged. One bag of Decorative Fragrance requires the work of three people to package.
Some fragrances are characteristically more intense than others. For example, The Smell of Christmas (citrus and cinnamon) is more intense than The Smell of Spring (light floral). Also, high humidity and warm temperatures increase fragrance intensity, while low humidity and low temperatures decrease fragrance intensity. Over exposure to sunlight may decrease fragrance intensity and fade botanicals.
Fragrance carriers are the materials in each Aromatique Decorative Fragrance that absorb the oils and enable the fragrance to provide long lasting enjoyment. They are not the same in each Decorative Fragrance. However, they do have one very important characteristic in common: they must be made of a porous material. Many fragrances utilize custom-cut and properly cured wood curls and chips as the fragrance "carriers". Sometimes mushrooms, pourous rocks or man-made stones are used as fragrance carriers.
- Aromatique double packs each bag of decorative fragrance by hand, with the contents carefully layered and arranged for the most appealing presentation. The decorative botanicals are placed between two layers of cellophane bags while the remaining bulk fragrance is placed into the inner bag.
- When opening a new bag of Aromatique Decorative Fragrance, carefully slit the side of the bag and place the bulk decorative fragrance into a large Aromatique bowl. Then peel apart the two bag layers and remove the decorative botanicals. Artfully arrange the decorative botanicals on top.
Remove the large, more decorative botanicals and set aside. Fragrance oil may discolor the beauty of these botanicals. Place the remaining bulk fragrance into a plastic bag. Add half a bottle of Refresher Oil to contents, close the bag, and shake to distribute the oil. The wooden curls are nature?s sponges, first absorbing and then carrying the fragrance to your home. Allow the contents to absorb the oil, then return the fragrance to the Aromatique container and arrange the decorative botanicals on top.
For home use, Aromatique recommends refreshing your decorative fragrance every month or two. The size of the room as well as the dryness or humidity in the room should be taken into consideration to determine how frequently the product needs to be refreshed.
- Caution should be used to keep any Aromatique product containing oils well out of the reach of children and pets. In case of "inquisitive" ingestion or skin contact, call your state's Poison Control Center or your family physician.
- Fragrance oils may damage fine finishes. Never place an unopened bag of product directly on a fine finish. Always use a solid or foil lined container when displaying your Aromatique Decorative Fragrance.
- Warning labels have been placed on all products containing Refresher Oils.
- Add fragrance to a room.
- Add fragrance to artificial Christmas trees (with lights cool and unplugged).
- Refresh smoke-laden air.
- Refresh hotel rooms while traveling.
- Freshen air after cooking.
- Aromatique Diffusers are an attractive way to lightly fragrance a room over an extended period of time. The diffuser oil is gradually absorbed into the reeds which then allows the fragrance to flow into the room.
- Aromatique's Reed Diffusers feature ten-inch long reeds which are placed into a decorative clear glass bottle filled with your favorite Aromatique Diffuser Oil.
The uniqueness of Aromatique's products is evident throughout all stages of production. Aromatique employs talented in-house artisans who design or choose each accessory piece and container. From the initial design phase of each product to its finishing touches, much of the work is done by hand. Finished candles are hand-tied with unique accent ribbons to compliment each fragrance. Each accessory piece is hand packaged as well. High quality and attention to detail are the foundation upon which all Aromatique products are created.